A Word of Welcome
An Introduction to PCASA
Thank you for your interest in PCASA, the Permanent Make-up Association of South Africa. PCASA is a chapter of SPCP (The Society of Permanent Cosmetic Professionals) based in the USA. PCASA was established in October 2011, and is a non-profit association that is owned, operated, and controlled by its members.
The SPCP has laid the foundational guidelines and structure under which PCASA operates. The growth experienced in the SPCP since its inception in 1990 is a direct result of its professional and legal structure, compliant with state and federal laws governing non-profit organisations.
The Board Members of PCASA are represented by a diverse group elected by the members, serving limited terms. PCASA is governed by a Code of Ethics that all members must abide by in order to set high standards in this industry.
PCASA aims to create public awareness of best practices in permanent makeup, providing protection for both the public and artists alike. Our goal is to help members advance to have perfect execution of treatments, the advancement of skills and professional development by making training programmes of the highest standards available, and public protection against poor conduct on the part of member industry professionals.
WHY BECOME A MEMBER
PCASA (The Permanent Cosmetic Association of South Africa) is a chapter of SPCP (The Society of Permanent Cosmetic Professionals). The SPCP was founded in 1990 and is the largest non-profit association of its kind, not only in the United States of America but also in the rest of the world. PCASA was established in 2011 and abides by the same Code of Ethics as the SPCP to set the industry standards of excellence for permanent cosmetic professionals.
Below are some of the many reasons you should join, support, and participate in PCASA:
- Protection – For the public and the artist.
- Professionalism – Helping you achieve professional excellence.
- Perfection – Assisting you in perfecting your work.
- Access to be able to take a Certified Professional Cosmetic Professional (CPCP) certification examination. Although the SPCP offers the CPCP exam to non-members, being a SPCP member and obtaining CPCP credentials strengthens your professional profile and positioning in the industry.
- Access to the PCASA Hub on the website, which is a training portal that offers skills development through online courses, the Hub also offers other informative information on legal matters such as consent forms, aftercare instructions and more.
- Access to events that are hosted throughout the year, these range from educational, motivational, social, and networking events. The events are either online or in-person.
- Newsletters written by industry leaders providing education and information on new developments as they emerge.
- An educational and networking conference where you learn from various artists with expertise in specific fields within the permanent makeup industry, whilst connecting with other industry professionals.
- Publicity through many different media so the general public will know where to call for answers regarding the industry.
- An artist referral program through the PCASA website.
- Bloodborne pathogens class, in line with SPCP requirement, available every year.
- Association members are available to assist with self-regulation, publicity, and other business-related questions.
Join now! We feel confident you will value the unique benefits of PCASA membership in association with the SPCP, the largest organization for permanent cosmetics worldwide!
Membership Renewal R2400
Student Membership Renewal R1200 (You may only register as a student for 1 year)